vldPersonals integration guide
vldPersonals v2.6 and higher already supports integration with EncoderCloud which allows you to quickly and easily encode your user uploaded videos using our powerful cloud servers.
If you have difficulties following any of the steps below, you can take advantage of our limited time free integration offer.
- Login to your account on EncoderCloud. If you don't have an account yet, signing up is easy and only takes a few minutes.
Create a new profile in that will be used for video encoding. We suggest the following settings:
Output format: flv
Video codec: h264
Video size: 480x360
Create thumbnails: 1
Thumbnail size: 100x100
You may leave the rest of the options at their default values.
- Login to your vldPersonals control panel
- Activate the plugin through the "Settings (1) - Member modules (2) - Videos (3) - EncoderCloud (4)" menu.
- Type in your API key and your profile ID you've just created.
In the "Download" and "Upload" input boxes, make sure to include full path to your "media/uploads" folder.
For example if your vldPersonals installation path is "/domains/mysite.com/public_html/" then FTP path may look something like this:
- Try uploading a video to make sure it encodes correctly. You may watch encoding progress in your EncoderCloud account.